Cambium works at the interface of biotech and materials science to build sustainable next-generation defense products. We integrate computational chemistry, product design, and advanced manufacturing methods to solve difficult challenges like hardening UAVs against laser attack, protecting payloads during hypersonic flight, and streamlining the defense product manufacturing supply chain. Our people come from places like SpaceX, Anduril, Scaled Composites, Lockheed Martin Skunkworks, and US DoD Research Labs. We are seeking motivated and exceptional people to join our team.
Cambium is seeking a Technician to join our growing team in Mojave, CA. The successful candidate will be curious with a desire to learn and will help us build a work culture of open-mindedness that embraces creativity and critical thinking. At Cambium we’re willing to do things differently.
Cambium is seeking a Technician to join our composite materials team. You’ll work closely with scientists and engineers to contribute to research and testing activities and be responsible for various facilities tasks. This will be a hands-on role and you will be involved in the entire process. We will provide training and mentorship every step of the way. As Cambium experiences rapid growth, the responsibilities of this role are expected to evolve.
- Follow written and verbal instructions to precisely carry out a wide range of laboratory tasks.
- Carefully weigh and mix ingredients to make resin formulations.
- Use cutting and sanding tools to cut samples to precise dimensions.
- Assist with a variety of facility needs as they come up, such as drywalling, plumbing, etc
- Learn to fabricate carbon fiber composite test articles.
- Follow all safety protocols and contribute to our culture of safety.
- Participate in a wide range of R&D problem-solving activities with an open mind and desire to learn.
- Create and contribute to the product demonstration and engineering teams in a manner consistent with Cambium’s mission and values and the growth of Cambium’s business.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3-5+ years experience in a manufacturing or mechanical environment, preferably aerospace
- Have a strong desire to learn and be willing to work in a hands-on role
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and honest working style
- Ability to complete tasks on time and be self-sufficient
- Due to the nature of the work, you must have US citizenship or US permanent residency
- Strong problem-solving and team-oriented mindset
- Experience with mechanical or assembly environment and independent work
- Experience with hand tools, mills, lathes, band saw, tile saw, surface grinders, CNC routers, ovens, kilns, and other fabrication equipment
- Ability to handle odd jobs around the facility as they come up and problem-solve
- Ability to Learn from the rest of team to increase efficacy in composite layup and part manufacturing processes
Cambium offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan. This includes excellent medical/dental/vision benefits, and a matching 401(k) plan.
Let us hear from you
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and brief pitch to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cambium is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. At Cambium, all qualified applicants will be evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.